Been a bit, eh? While the blog may have remained a bit placid, I can assure you there’s been plenty of activity underlying the surface. What’s been happening, you wonder? Oh, this and that…
(items listed here in no particular order)
- I’ve had a few guest blog posts on SFSignal and A Dribble of Ink.
- Got an epic fantasy story passed up to editorial for Angry Robot Book‘s Open Door submission. Waiting for the final word with dizzying levels of jitters and daily panic attacks.
- A new urban fantasy novel has reached first draft status.
- Freelancing continues in high gear, and I have not regretted a moment of it.
- Ran a Spartan Dash 5k race and loved it.
- Celebrated my marriage’s 5th anniversary!
- Traveled to Hawaii and Seattle (where my wife ran her second marathon)
- Saw my second sister get married in as many years.
- Got locked in for Chicon/Worldcon for the end of August.
- Started training for a half marathon at the end of September.
- Have begun dabbling in screenplays–though it’ll likely be a bit before my first one sees significant progress.
- Watched the Colorado Springs fires burn and prayed my family would still have a home after it was all over. They did, thank God, though recovery for the town will be years in the making.
…and I’m sure there are a few other things that I’ve forgotten to mention.
Whew. And the summer still has a bit to go.
What’s been happening with you all? Will I see anyone at Chicon?