News! My debut fantasy novel is in the works. And by “in the works,” I mean contracted, written, and now in the hands of my editor, James Sutter. It’s a sword and sorcery tale set in the world of Paizo’s Pathfinder Tales, and I’m incredibly excited to see it come to life. I will post more concrete details as I can, such as release dates, cover art, etc. In the meantime, I also wrote a couple shorts stories for Paizo, which you can read here and here if you’re so inclined. Otherwise, I continue working to get my other work out into the world, and I’ll update as I can as things advance.
Alongside all that, I’ve written two novellas for the Kindle Worlds Abnorm Chronicles series. These are tie-in works based on Marcus Sakey’s Brilliance Saga, featuring a world transformed by a rapidly growing population of human savants known as “brilliants.”
- Child’s Play – A baffling string of jewelry thefts has been linked to possible abnorm criminal activity—a troubling development that has kept Agent Nick Cooper pulling late nights in the Equitable Services office, searching for a clue to the culprit. In his wildest theories, though, he never imagined a break in the investigation coming in the form of two boys—one of whom claims to be Sherlock Holmes while the other introduces himself as John Watson.
So begins the unlikeliest of adventures as Cooper teams up with elementary students whose personas seem sprung from the very pages of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s detective stories. If Cooper intends to stop the next robbery, he must rely on these strange kids and the case they’re determined to close. For the fictional Holmes had a singular foe…one equal in brilliance and cunning…and who this young Sherlock claims is now responsible for a crime spree worth millions.
- Fortune’s Fool – Waking up chained to a poker table in the middle of a warehouse, abnorm Ryan Emerson finds himself in the company of nine other unwilling players—all of them abducted twists with unique talents. Forced into a deadly game of Texas Hold ‘Em, Ryan must use all his wits to survive as many hands as possible; the instant his last chip is lost, so is his life. Yet what could their self-proclaimed genius of a captor possibly gain from such an insane setup?
At the same time, Agent Nick Cooper is investigating a possible kidnapping at the behest of an old acquaintance. What first appears to be an act of corporate espionage quickly takes a darker turn, plunging Agent Cooper into a race to halt a global security threat before more innocent lives are lost.
Yet even as both men edge closer to the truth, a much larger game is being played than they’d ever imagine…
And here are a few quick summaries of other finished or WIP manuscripts:
- Enter the Janitor – Urban Fantasy, Complete
A janitor working for a supernatural sanitation company must track down a fledgling demigod before it’s corrupted or destroyed, all while training a rebellious new employee whose fluctuating power could trash an entire city.
- Bloodshades – Epic Fantasy, Complete
When a kingdom’s harmless system of shadow magic inexplicably turns deadly, a ceremonial warrior, a theater apprentice, and a prostitute become unlikely linchpins of hope for their people’s survival.
- Parasomnia – Urban Fantasy, Complete
Jeremy Ivens is a ruthless agent of The Woken, a society of permanent insomniacs who patrol the boundary between the waking and dreaming realms. Then he discovers his sister has been ensnared in the machinations of a dream-smuggling cult, and he may already be too late to save her.
- The Unfamiliars – Urban Fantasy, Complete
Jancy, a scorpion demon, is a loyal familiar to one of the most powerful magical practitioners in the world…until she encounters a band of rogue familiars determined to free their kind from slavery at any cost.
- Shatterspell – Epic Fantasy, Work-in-Progress
A squad of elite magician-killers are hired to neutralize an impossibly powerful mage before he assumes total control of the kingdom and reshapes the very minds and souls of the people into his own image.