For those of you who can make it, here’s my panel schedule for Anomalycon 2015!
- 6PM: So Charming, Not Creepy – Join our gentlemen (and ladies) of class in discussing how to approach people and be friendly (or even strike up a romance) without being that creep. A lesson on etiquette, common sense and fandom with respect. C. Kemp, J. Vogt, J. Brawner, T.A. Fowler.
- 1 PM: Copyright, Plagiarism and Ethics – A discussion and explanation of the differences between copyright infringement, plagiarism, and ethical boundaries. V.A. Hughes, J. Vogt.
- 7 PM: Writer Beware: Scams and Schemes – Every author wants to succeed, and some of us fall prey to unfortunate or unscrupulous offers. We’ll discuss some of the most important pitfalls to avoid and better alternatives. J. Vogt
- 9 PM: Writers and Technology – Is technology our bane, our boon, or both? Can you still write manuscripts on a typewriter and send them by snail mail? Discuss the benefits and detractors. C. Doctorow, J. Vogt, T. Heerrmann, L. Berger
- 12PM: Social Linguistics – A discussion on the evolution of the meaning of words through their social use, as well as the development of colloquiallism. S. Litore, B. Cherf, J. Vogt, M. Mohanraj
- 1 PM: Evolving the Writing Process – Have an idea, but can’t seem to get started? The answer isn’t always just “Write write write!” V.A. Hughes, T.A. Fowler, J. Vogt, J. Nye